[Dailydrool] Oh that fourth of July!

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 5 13:13:23 PDT 2014

Yesterday was the fourth. there were fireworks in the neighborhood from 3 PM to past midnight. I didn't think there were as many or that they were as loud as has been the case in previous years, but Harley was nonetheless a total basket case. From about four until midnight he absolutely insisted that every part of his body be in touch with mine--so we watched TV (turned up loud) all night--me prone on the sofa with a 55 pound, 101 degree live fur coat spread over the top of me from neck to knees, panting and drooling down my collarbone. and it was about 85 degrees outside. He is still on edge today--I am so glad these fireworks occasions only come twice a year and each time I hope for torrential rains. fortunately, Mila took the fireworks in stride. Although I am a bit "fluffy", there's not enough of me to work as a platform for two 55 pound bassets.