[Dailydrool] Mama Pumpkin - long

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 19 17:14:16 PDT 2014

Miss Pumpkin Pie never was a Mama in truth, but she did raise a bunch of rascals anyway, albeit not her own.  She sure did give Sis and I a huge scare last night and this morning.
Long story short, I got her to the Vet, and we are taking her off her incontinence medicine because it can cause high blood pressure, and sure enough, Pumpkin's BP is off the chart.
I thought today was going to be the visit of mercy for the poor old gal, a month away from 14, but we took her off the bad (for her) drug, put her on a short term dose of BP meds, and she gets a recheck on Tuesday.
This event was so rapid onset and rather upsetting.  She got fluids and solid testing at the Vet today, and her blood work is OK.  I was asked if I wanted to send her to the ER for the rest of the weekend for monitoring, but I just want her home and not stressed, poked and poked again.
She is already slightly improved, and she is starting to drink on her own, and she ate and took her "good for her" normal meds.
She has spinal arthritis and sometimes has issues walking, and whatever is going on with her made it so much worse, she was collapsing and falling.  Also, her third eyelids came up completely last night, and are still high right now, but I do see signs of improvement.
Her temp is normal as are most of her other vitals.
She has a lot of issues, but in my heart, I really don't think it is her time.   I truly believe she will get her 14, and maybe more.  She is the only hound here who knew my Dad. The year that she first came to us, she was an 8 wk old rescue from NSAL, fresh of the transport van that very day, she was only dog for over a year.
She was hugely loved on and spoiled beyond belief by my Dad, who in his decline didn't want to eat, and he always fed her his meals so "no one knew" he wasn't eating.  And he didn't have dementia, just was very ill with heart disease and a type of blood cancer.
Healing drool and comforting thoughts to all in need.
Jackie, Pumpkin (Mommy, just let me rest, I will be OK), Jellybean (I want to be no. 1 gal, but I do love Mama Pumpkin, so I hope she heals), Nigel (Hey Janie Anne, it is OK for me to shout out to you because Pumpkin is doing better and we are not so sad now), Colette (She is going to pee in all the beds again, and my laundry load will be so big, but I love to do laundry, so that is OK),  Little Nikki (I am still a teenager,"not", and I have no clue "true"),  and finally Pierre Jr. (Mom was finally get off her lard butt out to walk me and then this whole vet distraction happened, but I, too, am drooling for Mama, but I ran around the dining room for exercise and messed up all the wee wee pads that were there for Pumpkin.)
P.S. - the Human Mama of the household is hanging in as well.  Everyday is a new adventure.
P.S.S.  Patty always thinking and praying for Ginger, hope all is good