[Dailydrool] Generations

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 15:49:54 PDT 2014

I was thinking this morning....(amazing, in and of itself)....about what seems like so many of the Drool dogs I've known through cyberspace, taking their leave of us for the Bridge. So much sadness. and it occurred to me--I have been a member of the Drool for probably one generation of dogs--I joined 8 years ago, and have followed the cohort of hounds living the large part of their lives from 2005 to 2014. Not all were puppies in 2005, and hounds usually live 11 to 14 years, though some longer and some shorter, so it makes sense that many of my houndie dear friends are moving on. Longer droolers have probably seen two generations of dogs. And we celebrate the youngsters coming of age now who will be our next generation. Not exactly sure why this thought was consoling to me, but it was. Maybe the circle of life thing.