[Dailydrool] Debbie's Dawgs senior pawtner project

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Wed Jul 23 08:50:26 PDT 2014

Debbie's Dawgs is organizing another senior pawtner project for
August, which is the month of Debbie Winchester's birth date.  I'm
looking for humans to be a pawtner with a senior hound in rescue -
once I see how many people have signed up, I'll request the
hounds from the rescues.  If you're not familiar with our senior
pawtner project, we pair humans with senior hounds in rescue;
similar to our annual secret pawtner exchange, the humans
do something for the senior hound - make a donation to the
rescue for some of the dog's expenses (meds, special food,
acupuncture or laser treatment, etc.) and/or send a package
to the hound (new bed, collar, leash, harness, coat, toys,
treats, belly bands, etc.).  Needier hounds get more pawtners
to help with expenses; most hounds get 2 pawtners. This is a
one time event; we are not asking people to regularly donate
toward a dog's care or to send something to them every month -
some people do continue to stay in touch and support their
hound pawtner but that is strictly by choice.

In our first senior pawtner project this past March, we had over
60 hounds and 100 people participating - it was very successful
and very much enjoyed by everyone. The foster families loved
that their hound got a package or packages and sent us pics
of the hounds and their new beds, blankies, toys, etc.  One of
the hounds even got adopted as a result of our senior pawtner
promotion on our Facebook page!

If you are interested in participating, please send me an email
to dlindy at mac.com with SH followed by your name in the
subject line.  If you have limited funds but want to participate,
let me know that and I will work something out for you.

Join us all in marking Debbie's birthday by giving  yourself
the present of helping a senior hound!

Donna, drool fueler for Gracie, Bosley and Sunny