[Dailydrool] Dog Toy Colors

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 02:56:51 PDT 2014

I have a question for my fellow droolers. Do any of your bassets seem to
prefer certain colored toys?

I realize that dogs are supposed to be color blind, but all of Bugsey's
favorite toys are pink, orange and red. These are the ones he drags all
over the house and won't let Browyn look at, much less touch.

Browyn seems to prefer blue, purple and green. I am not sure if those are
really her favorite colors or those are the toys she can play with without
worrying about Bugsey getting bent out of shape.

I rotate toys about every two weeks. I always make sure I don't have too
many pink, orange and red toys and that the smaller ones are all blue,
purple and green. Browyn LOVES to carry babies around in her mouth that are
not huge. Once in a while I screw up. It is usually the stupid tiger
skinneeez. I forget that while it is not bright orange, it is orange in
Bugsey's eyes and he will guard it. Skinneeez are like Browyn's favorites.
So, if the tiger is out, I have to make sure there are 2-3 other skinneeez
that are "safe".

Do any of you have these kinds of issues or is my crew weird

Jennifer with Beauford (I don't care what color a toy is and Bugsey had
better not growl at me wither), Bugsey (all red, pink and orange toys are
all MINE!), and Browyn the Fairy Princess (this weekend I found a dead bird
and used that as my baby, until the parents took it away!)