[Dailydrool] Kind Words and Heart Dog

Tim Mayer tcm541 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 11:31:29 PDT 2014

Just another quick thank you to all who have shared kind words of
condolences since I lost Leia Round. Anyone who has lost a pet knows just
how much it helps when people share their love at such a difficult time.

Dexter is clearly upset. I came home for lunch and he was making a big fuss
in the back yard. Normally this guy is silent. But he's terribly lonely, so
I've started looking for a friend. Hopefully I'll have a companion for him
by the weekend. I'll be sure to let everyone know (before I go back to
lurking).

And there's been a lot of posts about heart dogs. I have to say I've not
posted about that because I'm really torn between two: Freckles, a sheltie I
had 20 years ago, and Beethoven who shared a home and a huge part of my
heart for 17 1/2 years. Truthfully, since I'm still doing bassets and there
isn't a sheltie in sight, I guess I'll have to put Beethoven down as the dog
who has meant the most to me. I'm sure many of you remember the long
memorial I posted about 2 1/2 years ago at the time of his passing. So many
stories, memories, and so much love. He had the biggest heart and I'm so
happy he was here to share it with me. Despite the heartbreak of losing four
dogs in 2 1/2 years, I realize I've been thoroughly blessed by having them
in my life, and I'm looking forward to many more wonderful hounds.

Tim and D. Dexter Dawg