[Dailydrool] dog park

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 11 14:41:56 PDT 2014

sigh.

I took the fur kids to the dog park at lunch.  It was empty when we arrived so they were having a blast, charging all around, being a pack, sniffing all the good spots.  Then a lady showed up with a kid and half a dozen dogs.  Which is against the rules.  Not the kid (so much) but 2 dogs is the max.  Ok, so I cut her some slack, the dogs were mostly ok, there was a poodle who told Snoopy to get OUT of her face but he deserved it and he did and it was fine.  Then another lady showed up with an adorable pug and 2 more adorable kids.  And proceeded to SET UP LUNCH on one of the picnic tables.  I asked her to put the food away (it's against the rules).  I told her it would start a dog fight.  I told her the place where she just spread chips out (ON the table) a dog had pee'd 15 minutes before.  She didn't believe me.  I pointed out there were several feces in sight of where she and the kids were eating.  I told her I had SEEN a sandwich snatched
 out of a child's hand at this very park.  She told me to mind my own business and she knew what was best for her kids.  So I leashed up and left and on my way to the car .....

I passed the dog walkers ford explorer.  Parked in the full sun.  About 80 outside.  Noon.  Windows less than an inch down.  6 more dogs inside.  A Lab, a golden, 4 more various less determinate breeds.  All panting.  Took one look at me and freaked out, yelling, screaming, pounding the windws ...... I walked down to where I was parked (in the shade), put my dogs in the car, stood beside my car in the shade and called animal control.  Gave them the details.  Car make and model, license, dogs in distress, lady with 6 dogs in the park and 6 more locked in the car.  Gave them my particulars.  took less than 5 minutes.  The lady promised me a truck was on the way.  And when I got in MY car with my dogs (in the shade) it was uncomfortably warm.  Can't EVEN imagine what those other 6 were going through having been there 20 minutes at least in the full sun.  I couldn't watch.  I drove off.  I was wishing I had Marlene with me because she would
 have smashed a window I betcha.

sigh.

I tried.

The ever clueless momPerson