[Dailydrool] Greetings!

Beryl Silberg berylrich2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 12 07:25:02 PDT 2014

It seems there is so much sadness around us - my heart goes out to the family and friends of Synthia Ross - this is a terrible loss for
all of us caring basset people.  And so many of our own furbabies are on their way to the Bridge - I hope they're enjoying their lives in
a beautiful, peaceful world there, with all our bassets who are ready to share the Rainbow Bridge with the new arrivals.

Zoey has completed her annual physical exam - and the best news is she hasn't gained any weight.  We aren't feeding her from the
table as we did all our others, and it seems to be doing the trick.  She has one additional cyst which was tested (as the other one was)
and is not anything to worry us.  The hardest thing to accept is her tremendous fear of having her nails clipped.  I forewarned them at
the vet's ofc. that they'd need a form of straight jacket so they could cut her nails.  But they were able to cut her back ones, but not her
paws.  She was literally hysterical as well as wild and dangerous, and all the aides & the doc. couldn't get the paws clipped.  She was so stressed that they had to stop.  So, they advised us that in the future, she'll have to be sedated when she's brought in the have her
nails done, and left there several hours til the sedation wears off.  Over the years we've had many bassets, (7 others) and altho none of them enjoyed getting manicured, it was always possible to do so or have it done at the vet's.  Has anyone else had this problem with their bassets?  We're not
really wanting to have her get an anisthetic unless it's for major surgery.  By the way, she's on her way to being  5 yrs old in Oct.  Let's
hope everyone has a good weekend - it's appears the Kansas City area is almost floating away from all the rain we're having - and this after we've been in a drought!  Zoey certainly doesn't mind running around outdoors in the rain!                        Beryl & Zoey