[Dailydrool] Beebs & Walking Bassets

lea pierce leapierce at leapierce.com
Thu Jun 12 20:20:14 PDT 2014

<<For Beeb's first time out for a 20 minute walk  her astounding time was
143
minutes per hour for 0.14 of a mile.  Apparently the dog walker also
carried Beebs home as was reported by a neighbor.  :)
​>>​

​O! This made Houndservant chuckle most knowingly!

Whilst billeted at the Whine Country Spa & Hot Dog Factory (the landlocked
dock for the HMS Santa Rosa), Adm. JED was taken to last year's 4th of July
Waddle in Novato.

Houndservant asked Adm. to accompany a couple of basset-less devotees on
the route whilst Houndservant helped with provisions (Houndservant, a
fundraiser by nature and preference, hawks hot dog lunches--EVERYONE buys a
hot dog lunch, OR ELSE, that's my motto)​.

Well, the young (well--young to me, viewed from my 5th decade) couple came
back without Adm.

He was lounging, quite contentedly, on the Pooped Pup truck.

Apparently, he did not like being a landlubber as he stopped about 1/10th
of the way through the parade and... lay down.

That was all.

It took both intrepid volunteers to hoist his dead basset butt into the
truck.

Houndservant learned quickly that bassets walk houndservants. Not the other
way around.

Lt. Lea for the officers & crew of the HMS Santa Rosa
docked at the Wine (er, Whine) Country Spa & Hot Dog Factory