[Dailydrool] senior basset backs

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jun 24 17:51:14 PDT 2014

Hi Lois,
I have a few old hounds with some back issues.   I am sure others will pie
in too.   We use generic rimadyl, which is carprofen, on a few,   would
prefer not to, but the ones on it are tolerating it well.  We also use
gabapentin and I have never had any one get knocked out with it.  That is
curious!
I have one who gets adequan shots,  and he is doing well on them, and the
last thing we do is everyone gets Cosequan DS each day.  Is that helping?
Do not, but I do know I am not willing to stop it to find out.
As far as the added glucosamine and chondroitin in the food......... as long
as there is some in the bag of food, they can label it being in there.  My
personal belief is food bags saying that, is a marketing scam and there is
not enough in it to help your dog.  Just enough in it for them to be able to
put it on the bag and say there is.
So, I would certainly figure out what supplement/s you want to add in for
their health and not rely on a bag with  the words on it, cause that is
mostly what it is...words.

Just my 2 cents,   sure hope Bobo gets feeling better with his back.

Wen and the Bounders