[Dailydrool] Cowboy update, thanks for the drool

kacy greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 21:25:58 PDT 2014

Thanks to everyone who thought about my little Cow, slung drool his way and/or emailed me.

Cowboy is home now and relaxing. He's in good spirits, but I doubt that will last since the vet said no walks for a week due to the drain in his chest. :( It is right by his armpit so too much activity could mess with it. Overall though everything went well and he is on the road to recovery.

The lump is ugly but we don't know what it is. One thought was a foxtail because there was a small irritated bump on the outside, near his nipple. But that also may have just been from him scratching his chest due to pain or discomfort where the lump appeared. It costs $150 to send the lump for diagnosis, and as much as I am curious, since it is out with clean margins, it seems kind of unnecessary to waste the money and possibly create more worry. Our vet saved it in liquid in a jar and we decided we'd send it out only if the surgery site doesn't heal we'll, or he develops another one.

Anyway we are so happy to have our little franken basset home.

Thanks again,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert

Sent from my iPaw