[Dailydrool] Cowboy

Tim Mayer tcm541 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 11:53:18 PDT 2014

Kacy, I'm so happy to hear that Cowboy is doing better! I went through many
lumps with the genetic mutant formerly known as Maggie d'Earest, and while
they were mostly ignored, being the soft, fatty tissue type, one was removed
when it approached the size of half an orange or small grapefruit and was
accidentally punctured (she probably banged it into the side of the doggie
door). Poor girl had to endure the nickname "Stitch" for months until her
fur grew back in!

She did have another large one abscess, but even on antibiotics it never
cleared up, and was open and weepy for about the last two years she lived.
The vet wouldn't close it because of the constant draining - he was afraid
it would just fill up again. So we just learned to clean it and live with
it. Ugly, but she was my baby so it didn't matter one bit. But since she had
over a dozen noticeable lumps, the last three or four years of her life her
nickname was "Lumpy". Poor girl. Always teased. But always loved, and she
knew (and abused) that for sure.

Tim 'n Puppies