[Dailydrool] Wonderful Anal Glands

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 08:35:57 PDT 2014

Anals do get infected. Sometimes the treatment of choice, if the infection
recurs, is removal of the anal glands themselves.
You will be warned that sometimes bowel incontinence is an unwanted side
effect but please,please if surgery is suggested don't hesitate. I worked
for a Vet hospital for over 20yrs and in that time I saw dozens of these
anal gland surgeries and never heard of one single dog having a problem
afterwards. There are no guarantees of course but the surgery is worth not
having your dog uncomfortable so much of the time, and in the end (no pun
intended) you'll spend less money.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Doc