[Dailydrool] A day in the life

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 27 10:25:48 PDT 2014

Hi all, it's the ever clueless momPerson here,

First off, drool to all in need.   There are too many hounds leaving for the bridge. We are very sorry for your loss.

Life at the Rutz house has been a blur lately.  Typical stuff.  Work.  School.  I came home yesterday and LuLu greeted me at the door.  So I asked her, "where's Gracie."  To which she replied "oh, someone left the bathroom door open, she's back there raiding the trash."  What??  Almost on clue there was Gracie with an empty toilet paper roll in her mouth, tail wagging, hi mom!  Gracie give me that snack roll this minute!!  I pried her cute little mouth open (good thing she's cute) and removed said snack roll (she eats them if I don't take them away and while I have no particular reason not to let her eat them, I just don't .... ill gotten gains I guess, plus, what's with the cardboard?"  I didn't need to ask where Snoopy was.  Ahrooooooooo.  Tom over the back fence was trying to garden.  Silly man.

Now, if I am home all is well in the yard.  Gracie doesn't bark at the neighbors.  Or ahroooooooo.  She only ahroooooos when she plays.  Snoopy will ahroooooooo and LuLu will bark unless I threaten to make them come and sit with me.  Then they stop.  If they don't stop I will go and take them by the collar and make them sit right there beside me inside of arms reach (sometimes with a hand on the collar to make them stay there).  Basset time out.  Works.  For me.  For whatever reason the rest of the clueless family offers them cookies ..... which they come inside to accept and then right back outside to bark at the neighbors which seems, to me, like rewarding them for barking.  But of course, I AM clueless.

Natalie has gone off and left us.  One of her friends from camp invited her to Hawaii with the girls family.  She is in Maui at the Hyatt Regency.  Geez ..... they could have invited me too .... I would have been glad to come along and help supervise the girls.  Snoopy has been very upset.  He saw the same suitcase she takes to camp and he is worried she is gone for a month.  Unfortunately it was unseasonably warm the week before she left and he is thinking she is away at summer camp.  I turned the light on in her room last night and he heard noise in her room and saw a light and came bounding down the hall and into her room and found ....... me.  And was clearly disappointed and turned and left in disgust.

I am sorry to say the drool has been pretty dry lately.  Doesn't anyone have any adorable buppies?   Didn't anyone have a hound lead them on a merry chase or get into something or hold them captive in a basset hug and make them late?

More later from Dale, aka the clueless momPerson with Snoopy, LuLu and little Gracie the dickens