[Dailydrool] hello

Margaret Honnold machonnold at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 29 08:35:16 PDT 2014

I haven't posted for quite a while but I do follow what is happening. Honnold's Hounds are doing well. We have all adjusted to our new home with the fenced yard and they love having just mom as their caregiver. They have been great comfort to me since losing Carl and we are all moving forward. Our hearts go out to those who have lost hounds and humans, are ill and recovering.

RozE had a huge cyst rupture on her shoulder but she has healed nicely, although keeping a bandage on her was quite a challenge. My housekeeper finally brought me some of her 4 year old's shirts and I would dress RozE up after changing the dressing - it would take her about an hour to get it off if I was lucky.

Gramma Phoebe just had her 11th birthday. She runs and jumps and leads the pack in playing as though she were a much younger dog. AND (this is a big deal) she is finally over her fear of men.

ThelmaLou had a run-in with RozE and Phoebe a few months ago and she developed some weakness in her hind legs but that has improved with rest and medication. It has also facilitated a new "divide and conquer" arrangement whereby RozE and Phoebe have the kitchen and utility area for their space and Huck and TL get the rest of the house.  RozE and PB pee on the carpet, so they got the kitchen by default.

And then Huck the Hunk - my lover boy, best friend and constant companion. I think he knows that he must be the man of the house now and he has taken on the role with gusto - and the attitude of an oh-so spoiled favorite.

As for me - mom to the little pack - since moving back to my home town, I have joined the community band from Keokuk, Iowa and that is a hoot (or should I say a toot?); I was appointed by the mayor to the Kibbe Museum Board (they rope new people into it); I joined the Women's Club and transferred my church membership to our family church - all-in-all, life is going forward. I am calling this "The Year of the Blank Slate" traveling and doing as I please and regrouping. Thanks to all of you for your love and support for the Honnold's Hounds over the years. Blessings.