[Dailydrool] Debbie's Dawgz and Miracles for Seniors

basset911 at aol.com basset911 at aol.com
Mon Mar 31 13:20:04 PDT 2014

Many may be familiar with Debbies Dawgz on facebook.  If your not - find out about this amazing project right away for miracles are happening for senior hounds everywhere because of this wonderful project!
Here at Daphneyland we had a beautiful girl Bridgette that came back to us about 3 years ago.  Bridgette had a sad story and needed our help back in 2007, and she got it.  Unfortunately her adoptive family was not able to keep her and she was returned here.  Many met her, and many loved on her but her age was a factor for most adoptive families.  We thought Bridgette might stay with us forever being loved on daily by all of our volunteers and supporters.  The day after Deb passed, we got the first donation check for the Debbie's Dawgz program from Doug Dropp - and the tears were flowing so we posted a photo of Bridgette - thanking her first donor for the gift of special things to make a senior girl happy.  That photo we had posted many times, but that day and that post hit home with fellow drooler and basset lover; Sherri Rogers.
Her girl Layla had left for the bridge in 2010, and her cherished photo of Layla was exactly the same body stance of that photo we sent out....  Messages were flaying back and forth, as Bridgette and Layla were related and the Rogers could not help but know their Layla must have had a chat with Deb.  There is no one that can deny this match was made from the Bridge.
Bridgettes gotcha day had to be postponed until March 29 - as the Rogers work schedule could only allow that day.  Ironically, it had already been planned to have Sandi Wittenberg here for her week Daphneyland Trip and we had pre scheduled a volunteer BBQ for that day.  Barb Thulin came on up with Shirley and so it was that Saturday was the Gotcha Day of our 12 year old Bridgette - finding her forever family because of the Debbies Dawgz Project.  Incase any are in doubt that this was arranged by Deb - throughout the day we kept finding pennies.  Everywhere.  Thank you Deb and Layla for helping this senior beauty find the perfect family!

$5.00 Friday is coming up this Friday.  PLEASE consider making a donation to Debbie's Dawgz to help a senior.  A mere $5.00 can make a miracle happen for a senior!!!
Bridgette approves.

Dawn of the West
Basset Rescue Network at Daphneyland
www.daphneyland.com