[Dailydrool] Lady Foxy's Ferocious Itch... Help!

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 13 22:06:24 PDT 2014

Lea,

We went through this with Snoopy when we rescued him.  We bathe him every 7-10 days.  We give him benadryl.  We did everything we could thing of and the, one day, I read a post on the drool.  From none other than Debbie Winchester.  In it she reported that her Jake had these kinds of flare ups and she had been so frustrated until .....

Debbie read on the drool where another dog was allergic to CHICKEN so she decided to keep Jake off chicken for 2 weeks.  And he got better.  WAY better.  And then his dadPerson gave him a chicken jerky treat and he had a MAJOR flare up.

Well that was enough for me, I took Snoopy off chicken cold turkey and he is SO MUCH BETTER.  He has a whole belly full of HAIR...... he had a bare belly before.  He has a furry belly and no itchy spots and he is really doing great and if you give him a PEANUT BUTTER treat he will get a red spot in his arm pit because they have chicken fat and Snoopy, like so many dogs, is horribly allergic to chicken.

So, I highly recommend to folks who have dogs with flare ups which they don't know what to attribute them to ..... take the dog off chicken for 2 weeks.  Couldn't hurt, right?  When Snoopy is sick we give boiled hamburger instead of boiled chicken, works fine.  He eats lamb/rice kibble (BB) and salmon/sweet potato kibble (addition) and he does very well, thank you very much.

Good luck,

Dale