[Dailydrool] Crackers

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Fri Mar 14 08:50:43 PDT 2014

I totally agree with Bev, get an x-ray of his back so you are sure it's not
the problem.  Our Holly the Dolly girl had a problem similar to this, and
the x-rays showed she has an area in her back where the discs are calcifying
(sp??).  Nothing can be done except anti-inflammatories, pain killers and
rest, which we did, and she was much better in a couple of weeks.   What
happens is the calcified area keeps her spine from twisting normally, so if
she steps in a low spot or something like that, she tweaks the muscles
around the stiff area and it hurts.  She's done this about 3 times in the
last two years, and has slowed down considerably, which I think is partly
learning to be careful with her back and partly being 14 years old now.
Anyway, I really would suggest the x-rays so you know what's going on.

Anita Woodrum
awoodrum at clear.net