[Dailydrool] Ben

DDropp at aol.com DDropp at aol.com
Thu Mar 27 20:08:28 PDT 2014

Dale Rutz questioned if there was anything going on with the hounds.   It
is not real exciting, but Ben has been eating fairly well, but the morning
meals are a hoot.  He comes in from doing his business and saunters over to
his leather recliner and goes back to sleep.  Now I let him lay there until
about 8 am and then start the feeding process.  I get his bowl ready and
then start calling him, many times.  I go to his chair and rouse him and
start asking him to come to eat.  It is like talking to a brick wall.   He
either looks directly at me or into the air, with that "I hear nothing"  look.
After about 5 minutes  of this he rolls over on the chair  asking for a
belly rub, which I give him in hopes of his moving off the  chair.  He then
deigns to get off the chair and starts the stretching and  rolling on the floor
and scratching routine.  This takes several  minutes.  He then, with more
calling and pleading oh so slowly walks to the  kitchen, not into it but close
to it and then sits just outside the door and  looks at me.  More calling
and begging and shaking the bowl and he comes in  the kitchen and if he likes
the food, I am just feeding dog food, he will  eat.  This is the way it is
every morning.  It is funny, but so very  frustrating.  STUBBORN, thy name
is Ben.

Douglas