[Dailydrool] Need to vent - Long

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Tue May 6 17:02:09 PDT 2014

Sally,
I would be very upset!    I walk with some sort of weapon when I walk any of
the hounds.  Whether it is an ax handle(no metal on it-only the handle)  a
billy club, mace or something.
On the 4th of July in 1997, my Beagle, Brooke was viciously attacked by a
German Shepard.  She was on a leash, GS, not.  It was a miracle she
survived.  I have never wanted to kill a dog in my life before that day.
But if I was carrying anything that could have killed it,  I would have.   I
think I have worse emotional trauma than Brookie ever did from that
incident.  But I swore then, that no hound of mine would ever suffer that
way, if I could prevent it again.  So, I practice prevention, and protection
for them.
I am not a violent person, but one of the rules that I live by.  Do not mess
with my dogs, or my partner. (order can be switched based or circumstances)
.   I have been known to take measures.
"Nuff said!"
I  would be filing a complaint if possible,  but realize you may not even
know where the guy lives.
Glad your 2 were ok, and no harm was done!

Drools to all!
wen