[Dailydrool] Lord Flash of Amherst OEBE

Annmarie Phillips apzz3vette at roadrunner.com
Mon May 12 08:09:17 PDT 2014

Hello Droolers-

It has been a VERY long time since I have posted on the Drool! But when one
loses their Basset, they need to "come home" to those who really understand.
Years ago when my posts were frequent they were of the upbeat variety.
Sharing antics, new additions.  But this one is not of that upbeat nature.

Lord Flash of Amherst, OEBE King of Hearts,  travelled over the Rainbow
bridge on Saturday, May 10.  Flashy put up a very valiant fight with
Carcinoma of the Apocrine Glands of the Anal Sac.

For "older" Droolers that knew of Flash or actually met him at Basset
events.  They knew he was a little pistol. He mellowed slightly with age but
still kept his rights to the OEBE status.

What a loving little guy he was, my very best friend and companion.  We all
may say the same, but I have had the privilege of  working from home for the
last 5 years.  That gave me the privilege of constant companions!  And it
was truly a privilege to be blessed with a "special" furkid.

The hole in my heart feels too great right now.  And even though we have 2
other Bassets, there was something Very special about Flash.  Even when he
was alive, people would comment to me that Flash was their favorite.  (I
love they all the same).  But they were on to his special abilities to "make
you love him".

And Luke and Guin my other Bassets seem to be as heartbroken as I am.
Looking over to see if he is running with them or resting somewhere.  Luke
went into hiding yesterday under a huge pile of pillows.  (not common) Guin
just stares into the distance.  And I can't stop crying.

Please have your houndies send healing drool here for us.  We need all the
healing drool we can get right now.  I never in my life would have imagined
how much the little guy intertwined his life into ours.  There isn't
anything/anywhere in the house that I go that doesn't have special
significance or special memories!

Others have tried to console me with understanding of losing their pets.
Flash is not the first pet that touched my life and passed on.  There was
such a special bond he created.  Bassets are really good taking over our
lives.  I cherish every minute I had with him.  I discovered digital
photography just before he came into our lives.  So I have hundreds if not
thousands of pictures and videos of his life to help me keep his happy times
fresh in my mind.

I really feel like a lost a child!

It is very ironic that he came home into our family on May 10, 2004 and left
us on May 10, 2014!  Just 10 very fast/short years!

Thank you all for reading.  I really felt I needed to have a place to go
where people "really understood".  Even though I'm now an infrequent reader
I still feel kinship with all of you.