[Dailydrool] And then they were four !

Eleri Pastouret elerimist at gmail.com
Sat May 17 23:27:19 PDT 2014

Bonejour, Pw Polly woofin' in from across the waves in France.

Well, it is now 2 months since my big Sis, Pw Penny, left us and went to play at the Bridge.  We all really, really miss her still.

Da mum had not planned on getting me a new Sis because they have this idea of going to visit the USA one day when I'm no longer here, so it was a VERY big surprise when a friend rang her to say that an older girl needed a home and she said YES !!!!  She thought it would cheer me up and she arranged with the friend that she would take the girl in, on condition that when they decided to do the trip, the friend would look after the new girl!

So, I have a new Sis. Her name is Venus and she is 10 years young. We went to fetch her and she seemed very friendly. She came home with us and pee'd all over the place!  Da mum was wondering if she had done the right thing bringing her home!  Me too!  Now, after 2 weeks she has settled in and there are no more puddles (for the time being). The day after she got here I had to go and get some more tablets from da vetman and Venus came along to be "introduced".  Wow!  he said "bring her back tomorrow morning" - she had some nasty lumps that had to come off (nothing life threatening). So now my new Sis looks like a Frankenbasset !!!!  Four ginormous scars decorate her!

For a ten year old she is very chirpy and playful.  I'm old and wheezy and I don't play any more.  In fact my breathing is not that good and I have to take so many tablets, I rattle. Da vetman, da mum and da dad are worried about me, with the summer heat coming. Da Venus is very cuddly with da mum, but not so much so with me.  I miss my big Sis.

Lurps to all and drool to all in need,

Pw Polly

Eleri Pastouret
www.bassettissimmo.com
http://mascollection.free.fr
www.un-coeur-sous-loreille.org

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists on other planets is that it's never tried to contact us."