[Dailydrool] Bonejour

Eleri Pastouret elerimist at gmail.com
Wed May 21 05:39:11 PDT 2014

Bonejour everybuddy, tis moi, VENUS, from across the Pond, in France.

Polly introduced me the other day and I would just like to say a big thank you for the warm welcome AND my very own Limerick !!!!

(Polly- nope, you share that with me and my big sis Penny ATB). Whatever ...

Well, I am now settled in here, I think. Later da new mum is taking me to get de-stitched, so then I'll be all brand new!  It's taken a while to get used to this place. Before, I had a garden and c at ts to play with. I like cats but the ones here don't like me <sigh>  I keep trying to play with all the dogs in the woods, when we go every morning, but they won't play with me!  No fun grrrrrrrrrr!

I must be making progress because da new mum lets me off the leash now, in the woods, and so far I have behaved really well.  I do have a slight hearing problem, but no worries, I am a basset, after all!  Food's good here, but there's not enough of it. I try to help myself - to save da NM getting up but she doesn't seem to appreciate my efforts <sigh>

Polly's OK but she's not much fun, she doesn't play and she's always out of breath.  She has one very big advantage - she rarely finishes her bowl :)  So, I have found a way to make myself useful - I clean her bowl (and her cage - she's a rather messy eater). So, I think they are all very happy that I am here.

Oh yes, a couple of things they need to get used to - I DROOL (copiously) and I bark !!!!  Apparently Polly, Penny and Misty are/were not barkers.

Anyway, it's nice to be here and rest assured I will be sending you all my drool over for the needy hounds.

Take care,

Lurps

Venus

Eleri Pastouret
www.bassettissimmo.com
http://mascollection.free.fr
www.un-coeur-sous-loreille.org

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists on other planets is that it's never tried to contact us."