[Dailydrool] Jr., a little long

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Thu May 22 18:54:48 PDT 2014

I put a note on my computer to remind me not to send an email tonight, but because a few asked about him, I will give a brief summary of his test results.
He has a whole lot of bad bacteria, Helicobacter pylori, and something else which I cannot read on the report looks something like friable, which means it is not smooth, and it chips away, his small intestine lining.  The bacteria is the type which causes ulcers, but he has no ulcers, nor masses, but he is getting mega drugs for the next three weeks.  More biopsy results should be in on Tuesday.
In my lame research, the bacteria could have caused the enlarged spleen.  At first, I thought it was his cirrhosis that was the root of his problem.
That being said, he eats dirt and poop, and I try with my might to get the poop before any of the hounds, but sometimes, they beat me to the treasure.  Note taken, Pumpkin is also a poop dirt eater, and at 13, she had her spleen removed.

Most of all the hounds are eating dirt now, and I am doing my best to keep them from doing so, so they get less outdoor time than normal.
I was thinking of the top ten reasons why I love this dog so much:
1. he saved me from the grief of the passing of Pierre sr.2. he gave me a reason to let my sister take care of Mom for 48 hours when she was in the angry phase of dementia and still mobile.3. he and I had a lovely 14 hour road trip, bonding after a sleep over, and he got me up every two hours to go out, not to potty, he was just     confused, and at 9 months old, he was already through a lot.4. he steals from my sister all the time, and because she reacts, it is a happy event for him5. he has had his picture in the local paper6. he is an expert counter cruiser, he has elevator legs.7. he helps me take care of Mom8. he helps me take care of Me9. he is my snuggle bunny in the morning10.  He is my fitness trainer because he makes sure I sure do not have a moment to sit an relax, as he is always up to something.
I know in God's world this dog was meant for me, and I am so grateful to his foster mom who encouraged me to consider his rescue, and of course, Eva, for doing the great work she does for OBR.  And of course, the woman for whom I was thought should rescue him, you know who you are.
And, I am super grateful for those who  sent support, and I thank the drool community with all my heart and soul.
healing drool to all in need,
I have never seen Jr. this tired after a visit…. one day at a time.  I asked the discharge vet  "don't be God, but what kind of expectation can I have for Jr.?"  She couldn't answer this, and I respect that.  He will have as many days he is allowed with glory and spoiled declaration.  I transferred to him all my love from Pierre Sr., and I sure hope that didn't make him a fragile dog.  Sr. was the love of my life, and I got Jr. a month and 5 days after Sr. passed.
Anyway,
It is a holiday weekend.  I hope you all have a wonderful celebration, etc.
Healing drool to all in need,
Jackie and the six pack reunited, grateful