[Dailydrool] Rimadyl

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Sat May 24 05:43:36 PDT 2014

Carol,
I have several hounds on carprofen (generic rymidyl) for long term use.
Yes, I do worry about side effects.  I also use Cosequan DS daily and one
even gets adequan shots.  But I feel personally, I would rather have them
feeling good while they are with me, than being miserable.  Quality vs
quantity is my belief.   Now, during the years I have been putting some on
for long term use,  never has one had to go to the Bridge as a direct result
of using it.  This is only my experience.
What I was wondering also is the dosage you are using,  I have always been
told rymidyl is 1 mg per pound,(or close to that)  so most Bassets would get
50mg 2x a day.  Our vet told me that anything more will not be of any
benefit.  Again, just my experience,  we give it with each meal. (2x day).

Drool to all in need today, but hope you are all having a great start to a
special weekend.

Wen and the Bounders (who are getting a new hot water heater as we write)