[Dailydrool] limericks and reverse sneezing

lois.leader at cox.net lois.leader at cox.net
Mon May 26 19:40:49 PDT 2014

We would be honored to have Valerie compose a limerick for our Bobo. Perhaps this story might serve as an inspiration.

Recently poor Bobo has been beset by something called "reverse sneezing." Every so often he would make a series of strange snorting/gagging sounds like a vacuum cleaner about to loose its belt. We had him to the vet and she diagnosed reverse sneezing, perhaps from allergies. He was put on a daily dose of benadryl and we were instructed to massage his nose and throat. The reverse sneezing continued, though. His quality of life indicator, his white-tipped Basset-tail, was at half-mast. Thursday morning I'd just made another appointment for him when he went into a series of honest-to-goodness full-forward sneezes that had him bumping into the furniture. I grabbed his head to massage his nose and there, hanging from one nostril, was something shiny and green. I gave it a pull and extracted a blade of grass more than half -a-foot long! Then I remembered that the reverse sneezing set in right after we'd taken a walk by an overgrown vacant lot. He must have snorted that blade up as he made his olfactory investigation of the area.

The moral of the story is - if your Basset is ever afflicted with reverse sneezing, you might want to have his nasal cavities inspected.

Good luck with the book of limericks, Valerie. Great fundraising idea. They all make wonderful reads!