[Dailydrool] blue bassets

Eva DeVaughn babynugs2003 at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 20:40:21 PDT 2014

 I was  told years ago that blue bassets have a recessed gene and that is where the color comes from just like great danes and dobie's. They have immune problems and skin problems. They try to advertise in Ohio as rare and charge twice as much. There is a breeder near Cleveland now asking $1200 for a rare blue. I know a lady who had a litter of 10 and only 1 lived. We tried to shut her down and she finally quit breeding the blue's. Every time she ran an add in the paper for rare blue's I ran an add telling people for healthy bassets contact Ohio Basset Rescue and then said you do not want a blue basset they have medical problems. Every time she ran an add I did too and she finally quit breeding them. In fact I got the last 2 of her females and the young one died on us. They have the same great personality as the other bassets just need to keep an eye on them.
 We just placed Alli last week at 8 yrs. old and she is a blue basset that we got out of a laboratory in Indianapolis . They were going to take her trec out of her neck. I have no idea what experiment that would be for I am just glad we got her out of there.
Good luck with your new baby!!

 Thanks,
Eva and Princess Nugget ATB
www.ohiobassetrescue.com