[Dailydrool] How our basset said good-bye...

Sally Russell sally at slokr.com
Wed May 28 17:51:26 PDT 2014

Today we had the burial for Pixel at the pet cemetery where our other
bassets have been laid to rest.  We unfortunately, had to postpone for a
week, as I had to go out of town on business  directly after Pixel went to
the Bridge.

Browser, age 11, who has been with Pixel for all of his life, came with us.
 For the past week he has been looking for her, been restless and looking
as sad as a basset can look.  He was extremely agitated in the car on the
drive over and agitated in the office of the cemetery.  As soon as we were
shown in to see Pixel in the casket, resting so peacefully on a satin
sheet, we picked up Browser so he could smell his friend.
He immediately calmed down, went to sleep on the drive home and has been
calm ever since.

Have any of you experienced this behavioral change?

It was a very difficult day for us again but finally there is some closure
for us all.

Sally Russell