[Dailydrool] How our basset said good-bye...

SusanWoodward critters4 at bellsouth.net
Thu May 29 08:02:48 PDT 2014

Yes, I have many times. I try to always let them sniff their departed friend and it seems to give them closure.

An example: Once I had a Scottie that passed when I was living in an apartment so I had to bury her in a friends back yard.

A year later I was back in my own home again and moved her body to the new backyard.

Immediately upon burial, my black tomcat (who was the Scottie’s buddy) proceeded to lay on the grave and purr and purr and purr. It was the closure he needed.