[Dailydrool] neutering & testosterone

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 02:20:47 PST 2014

Chris I am sure you know it takes anywhere from 6 to8 weeks for the
hormones to work their way out of the dog's system once he is neutered so
what I would do if he is really after the others is to crate him when the
others are around. It's easy enough to give him some time to himself out of
the crate when the others are safely blocked off from interacting.
Personally I have always tried to stop the aggression before it has a
chance to get going by watching eyeballing. It is strictly forbidden when I
catch it and I stop it instantly. I had a Belgian who was not allowed to
even look in the direction of his arch-enemy and vice versa. Even with this
immediate and direct training  they were never loose together. (It was
between roomates at the Nationals so was limited in time.)
Some people get along with everyone and others dislike 99% of the
population: dogs are no different.

MomPerson to Conley and Doc who STILL don't always get along, and Llewis.