[Dailydrool] eyeballing

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 14 08:48:16 PST 2014

Snoopy and Gracie did this, right before he tackled her, back when I was having all the trouble between them.  Amazingly that is a distant memory now.  These two snuggle and cuddle and sleep butt to butt and play together and the whole bit.  But I remember the eyeball and the fact is that if I gave a deep, guttural, HEY!!!  the second I saw the eyeballing I could stop what happened next, if I missed it and Snoopy pounced then I was going to have to drag him off and no amount of HEY would help.

Also interesting to me was that I, too, used napping.  Even though we don't crate I would insist that Gracie and LuLu get up on the couch and nap and Snoopy get in his chair and nap and NOBODY but NOBODY was getting up until momPerson said nap time was over.  Usually cooled things right off.

Another thing that worked was walking Snoopy and Gracie.  I'd have them both on leash so I could control it and once they both got walking they'd walk along bumping shoulder to shoulder and be just fine.

Dogs, what can you do?