[Dailydrool] Lunch and crab

k. green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 09:50:42 PST 2014

Since the time change and cooler weather has set in, my boys seem hungrier.
We go through this every year, but it still catches me off guard when they
demand an early dinner at 4:55 and then act like they haven't eaten and
want dinner again at 7pm. We've taken to breakfast between 6-8 am, "lunch"
between 3-5 pm and then dinner after 630. Plus Kim Dworak, our secret
pawtner, spoiled them with treats, so they are also getting more than usual
on that front. It's absurd but they're happy.

Last week was the start of the California dungeness crab season, and we
were given lots of free crab by our neighbors and co-workers. We were very
happy to eat it all, but Cowboy was shocked he'd never had this delicacy in
his 8 years of existence. He paced in the kitchen as I cooked and I think
he really thought he deserved ALL of it to make up for all the years he's
gone without. Well we had a little extra, so now it is getting used as a
mix-in with their kibble this week. You'd think they died and went to
heaven.....wait, maybe that's why they're now wanting 3 meals a day....

Drool on,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert - my two crabby patties