[Dailydrool] Me and Jr. LONG

Jacquelynn Chazey jchazey at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 20:04:22 PST 2014

Today was supposed to be Nigel's dental appointment, but given that we had
monsoon rain on Monday (if here were Buffalo, we would have had the 60
inches of snow, and I really feel for you!), and then after the rain, the
temps got wicked cold, and Nigel became distressed.

Pierre was supposed to get his dental next week, so I flipped the
appointments.  Pierre went today, Nigel goes next week, and the weather
"should" be better.

Today was so peaceful in the house with Jr. at the Vet.  It was really
surreal.  I could leave a pen, a remote, a phone anywhere and everywhere
and not have to worry.  I got to do a good deal of cleaning, I got to play
guitar and I got to read.

The four old dogs that were home w/o Jr. were slackers.  I only had to take
the group out twice in the almost 8 hour period that Jr. was at the Vet.

Jr's dental went well, some gum distress, but no extractions.  In two
weeks, I will try to start brushing his teeth, but he is a mouthy dog, I
hope he will allow it now.

When I went the the Vet's to pick up Jr., I told the receptionist of my
peaceful day, and she said, jokingly, "should he stay another day?", and of
course, I said NO.

He is a "monster', but he is my beloved Monster, and I am so glad he is
home, and he is sleeping  off the anesthesia.  He is rather out of it, but
he is OK.

The Tech who released him to me said he is so much better than he was, and
both the Vet and the tech said he disagreed with his going into a cage.  He
did squat butt, "I am not going in there", and then, his favorite defense,
'I will roll, make everyone rub my belly, and maybe they will forget I need
to go into the cage'!!

So, I paid the bill, was told he peed, but I knew he would pee in the van
on the way home, and he did, on the comforter.  First in the laundry load
for tomorrow.

When I got him out of the Van, first thing, he wanted to go to the yard, so
I released him there, brought the urine stained comforter to the basement
for tomorrow, closed a door to keep the other hounds from bombing Jr., and
when I came back out to get Jr., I thought Holy Smell Not So Good, either
you have poop breath or you stepped in it, and it had to be yours because
it was so fresh smelling.  He stepped in it.

So I washed his dirty paw, and I am at Peace.

 My boy told me in so many ways his opinion of what I did to him, cages,
dentistry, away from the house, and his only language is poop and pee.

 I love him, I missed him, the tech said he is getting better in behavior,
and what would life be if not some kind of challenge in it?  I like easy,
but, I love Pierre Jr. more.  We are truly soul mates.

Healing drool to all in need,

Love,

Jackie, slave who had a one day vacation, but will pay for it in spades,
don't you know it.

PS- never really a vacation when you have a phone in each pocket waiting
for news, hoping for the best, imagining the worst, relieved at the end of
a long day of worry that all is OK.