[Dailydrool] Ruffus ATB

lea pierce leapierce at leapierce.com
Sat Nov 22 19:04:06 PST 2014

​The officers & crew of the HMS Santa Rosa were deeply saddened to hear of
the loss of Ruffus, KIA.

Houndservant remembers, in pre-servant days (far far far in the distant
past), when Houndservant's mother made the same heart-breaking mistake with
a family beagle named Sam.

There are no words of comfort, we know. However, Houndservant wishes to
offer an observation: none of us know how we will receive our final orders.
We only know that our final orders shall be cut, and our final posting is
the Bridge.

And, O! That goofy boy achieved his posting filled with such good memories!
>From a starving, shivering, abandoned young man-hound, scooped up by two
strangers with invisible wings, He became your Christmas miracle... well,
actually, you were HIS Christmas miracle.

Ruffus will be so happy to see you ATB. And for him, this 'tween time shall
be the twinkling of an eye.

Houndservant imagines that Debbie greeted Ruffus with a special hug for him
when he emerged out of the darkness to cross the Bridge into that bright,
sun-drenched field.

Today the officers & crew of the HMS Santa Rosa salute Marsha and BIL for
their years of hound-service.

Ahrooooo!
Ahrooooo!
Ahrooooo!

We salute human frailty, faithfulness, tears of shock and sorrow...and the
love that lets go when it is time.

Unlike many an abandoned hound, Ruffus has Marsha & BIL to wait for on the
other side of the Bridge.

Perhaps that is the greatest gift of all.

​We shall look for Ruffus' bright, shining spirit when our Tour of Duty is
over and our permanent posting is met.​

​Lt. Lea Pierce, Houndservant to the officers & crew​ of the HMS Santa Rosa,
permanently docked at the Whine Country Basset Spa & Hot Dog Factory.

First Foster Foxy (I'm in CHARGE!)
New Recruits Jasper & Ruby ("OH BOY, KIBBLE!")
Claire the Trembling, kitchen beagle-in-waiting