[Dailydrool] Roland, OEBE Potentate

Janice Colvin jhenrycolvin75 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 20:23:20 PST 2014

I don't think that I've shared this on the Drool yet.  My very much loved
senior basset, Roland, the Duke of Ears and OEBE Potentate, has lymphoma.
Roland is over 13 now and had surgery last month to have a number of lumps
removed from his body.  While under anesthesia, they found a spot on his
tongue.  It was excised, and tests showed it to be malignant.  So, for now,
Roland is getting palliative care, with much love, special food, and many
walks. Roland has been with me for over 10 years now.  He was adopted
through Oregon Basset Hound Rescue.

I have moved to the Oregon Coast with Roland and his brother Truman.
Living at the coast is great for dogs-lots of stuff to sniff in our
neighborhood and on the beach. No stairs in this house for Roland to climb!

I'm going to California for Thanksgiving and putting the basset brothers in
a good kennel. My ex won't keep Roland for a few days in spite of his
professed love for my old guy. The kennel is very good and I'm confident he
will be okay. After I get back, my intent is to stay with Roland for the
rest of his life.  He and I made a trip to Bend this month with my
daughter, son-in-law, and Caper, his cousin.

Roland has been the best dog in the whole, wide world.  I'm glad he doesn't
worry about how sick he is.

--

I'm grateful for the love and companionship of a wonderful dog.

Janice

Janice Marilyn Henry