[Dailydrool] A show not to miss on Thanksgiving, and News

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 22:00:44 PST 2014

I spoke by phone on another matter with Dawn of the West today and she told me of a big feature on Thanksgiving that is not to miss. Fox Network, called "Paws for a Cause" (I think)' featuring rescue dogs available for adoption and Hollywood celebrities. Thirty-five Daphneyland hounds will be on the show. apparently the show wanted a herd of some kind of dog, and, well, no one herds like bassets. apparently the basset crowd was in an xpen in the Green Room with the celebrities and a food buffet, and, lol, well you can imagine. It's on here in the evening, but check your news scheduling. Bassets not to be missed.

And, woo hoo--I think my husband and I have been approved to adopt a Daphneyland hound. We want to add to our family before our beautiful navy foster hound, Mila, returns home to her mom sometime in the next six months. harley and Mila are fast friends, and without Bo here anymore, I think Harley and Bill and I would all be super sad to lose Mila (though we humans have known all along she has a family to return to). we haven't seen any bassets needing rehoming in Hawaii in THREE years, so we are turning to the mainland for a new baby. We'll keep you all posted. what with all the stringent quarantine requirements, it will be at least four to five months of preparation on the mainland to qualify for direct release in Hawaii, so we're hoping to have our new arrival just about before Mila goes home. wish us all luck. I'm very excited and feel like an expectant mother (only hopefully it won't be nine months). We have our eye on an adorable little lady hound who arrived at Daphneyland just a couple of days ago.Wish us luck. Val, Harley of Hawaii, Mila, and commander Bo ATB