[Dailydrool] Cyst on Tail

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 8 17:26:04 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I pulled Gracie from the Salinas Animal Shelter two years ago last August with a HUGE golf ball sized cyst more than half way down her tail.  The vet told me NO WAY would she remove it, it could cost Gracie her tail.  So, when the vet spayed Gracie she sliced it open and drained it while she had her under and of course Gracie was on antibiotics after the surgery.  Then, about 3 months later Gracie had a dental.  The cyst was back up to maybe a marble size and the vet drained it again and of course she was on antibiotics for the dental.  After that time the cyst went down to a pimple sized bump and was quiet for over a year.  Then a couple of months ago it opened up on it's own ......I found some blood on a quilt and clear fluid coming from the site so I cleaned her up with hydrogen peroxide and neosporyn and it went back down to nothing.

Every time it comes back it has been smaller than the previous time .... more like a pimple.  The vet says LEAVE IT ALONE especially as it heals up very nicely into a hard scab and then nothing within a few days each time.

I may be clueless but I do listen to my vet.

Best,
Dale