[Dailydrool] Insurance

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 19:37:45 PDT 2014

We had VPI Pet Insurance on Bo. We had tried to insure all three of our animals years ago. Bo and Harley were three, Lynx the cat was about seven?  At the time all three were healthy and had had no major health problems. VPI insured Bo and turned down Harley and Lynx. the reasons Harley and Lynx were turned down was a note in Harley's chart that his balls were "unusually large". (He has since been neutered and no problems were found--hey, he's a basset). Lynx was deemed " too old". Harley has had no health problems and he is now eleven, so we have saved money by not insuring him. Lynx lived to the age of eleven and died after a short illness. Again, we saved money.

but after about his aGe five, when Bo was diagnosed with inflammatory bowel disease, his life became a medical challenge. Bo lived to the age of eleven, and every year of his last six, the medical insurance both paid for its premium and saved us between one and eight hundred additional dollars, so it was extremely worth it for him. the VPI folks were always prompt with payments and very courteous--a huge difference from the human insurers my husband and I have dealt with.

Insurance is insurAnce. Worth it? Well, of course, that is the gamble, isn't it? Paid off for Bo. Einstein too. Wouldn't have for Lynx. wouldn't have so far for Harley but who knows in the future, way too lAte now.

Would I insure in the future? Gosh, I don't know. It was a budget saver with Bo, for sure.  Val, Harley, and Mila