[Dailydrool] Tanner New Posting ATB

lea pierce leapierce at leapierce.com
Wed Oct 29 13:46:50 PDT 2014

​Houndservant and expanded crew of HMS Santa Rosa were dismayed to hear
valient hound Tanner has reported to the Bridge for his new, permanent
posting.

Every hound that leaves us leaves behind our tears; but heart dogs leave a
huge hole; because they feed our hearts so well, our hearts swell and grow
ever larger with each passing day, drop of drool, and delightful antic.

Susan, we are so very, very sorry.

Ahrooo!
Ahrooo!
Ahrooo!

We salute 11 years of Susan & Tanner in tandem; we take comfort in knowing
that Tanner has accepted a permanent commission on a ship that never grows
old, never suffers illness, and is filled with delight. Debbie, the Kitchen
Bassets, and all hounds and houndservants who have traversed that dark
passage to the Bridge greeted Tanner in that sunlit field. The Banquet was
set. His place, always, is at the table now.

>From love to love he passed graciously because of your devotion, Susan.
Remember that. We are all headed for that permanent posting. Our challenge
and responsibility and gift is to bear witness as the journey is made.

We shall meet Tanner, by and by. We shall look for his bright, shining
spirit when our Tour of Duty is over.

Houndservant
First Foster Foxy ("I'm in CHARGE!")
Jasper & Ruby (O! Food! Water! Comfort! It's a CRUISE SHIP!)
& Claire the Trembling (but getting better everyday with Drool).​