[Dailydrool] Fleas - we gottem

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Fri Sep 5 19:54:58 PDT 2014

After bragging all summer and for past year, we suddenly have fleas. Why
now? I dunno. It's been a strange summer, anyway. Or maybe one of the
dogs brought them home from the vet's? Lord knows we've been at the
clinic often enough. Might as well rent a room and stay there.

Our vet visits seem to come in "spells." We'll go a couple of months
with no one sickly, and then one by one, a bunch of them will go wonky
with something and we're there every other day; one week this dog, the
next day, or a few days, later that dog. And tho I'm not superstitious
(well maybe a little) seems as if every time I run an article on an
illness or injury in the Bugler, pretty soon somebody around here comes
down with whatever it was.

A couple of weeks ago it was about "dry eye" so now I have one with
that. It's notabasset, and I think it was caused by an over-zealous
groomer, to the vet doesn't agree. I took her in for her last clip
before winter session and she came back with shaved-to-the-skin look, I
had said to clip the face, especially the beard (she's ShihTzu) as she
gets it filthy, being a poop eater. The whole face was shaved and I
personally think the eye was injured by hot clipper. She's 13 and never
had an eye problem before. So.

Think I will avoid articles on illnesses and injuries for awhile or forever.

Riche