[Dailydrool] Sister Bunny's walk about

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Fri Sep 5 15:56:21 PDT 2014

Sister Bunny, who is Queen of the House and Boss of the Pack, is a very
good, sweet girl, who always does what Mama asks her to do - but she is
nearly deaf, so if she has her back turned to the Mama, the game changes
because she can't hear me.  Well, it's still hotter than you-know-where here
in Texas, and will be until way up in October, so we go out front for very
short times during the day, and we have to fill the fountain every day.  So
yesterday evening I'm filling the fountain and everyone came out, and they
were all being really good so I didn't hook Bunny and Bea to their tieouts,
which was really dumb.  Turned my back for about 2 minutes and then I looked
and saw Sister Bunny's tail wagging as she was walking into the neighbor's
front yard.

Everyone else was hot and ready to go in, so I let them in, grabbed a leash
and went after Bunny.  Can't find her anywhere.  We and several neighbors
have open alley access beside our garages, so I decided to check the alley,
but no Bunny.  So I head back down the street, and one of the neighbors
yells at me, and there she was, in their back yard eating out of a bag of
to-go box trash they sat on the back drive.  That's right, food.   I attach
the leash and pull her out of the garbage (which she is still chomping, must
have been quite good) and we march home.  Sister Bunny comes in and quickly
tells everyone about her adventure in garbageland, then goes to bed.  When
it's walk time she decided not to go, I guess she was too tired after her
exciting day.  And needed to let her belly full of trash settle.

Anita Woodrum

awoodrum at clear.net