[Dailydrool] Catching up, hellos, etc.

k. green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 14:24:18 PDT 2014

I just caught up (kind of ) on about 3 weeks of digests and thought I'd
shoot out a quick hello and update on our recent going-ons.

We had our earthquake a few weeks ago that I'm sure many heard about.
Cowboy woke us up around 3:20 am with nonstop whining. I got out of bed and
was on the floor rubbing his belly for about 30 seconds to a minute when
the quake hit. I have no doubt that he had some type of intuition or could
feel it first, I just wish I'd known what he was telling me. A similar
thing happened awhile back when we had a 7.0 quake in San Diego. Rupert
barked at us for about a minute straight right before we felt the quake -
again we had no clue what he was telling us at the time. Anyway, no damage
to our home other than some new cracks in the drywall.

The boys have been ultra itchy and I couldn't figure it out. I finally
found a flea so I've been going crazy trying to keep the house clean and
the dogs flea-free. We've been using the Diatomaceous Earth everywhere and
I think we're making progress as I've found no further evidence of fleas,
but the hounds are still itching their butts off. I noticed they now have
some really dry skin in certain spots, so that is my new challenge.

Lastly, the bookends I listed on HoundsBay to honor Debbie's birthday last
month sold for a whopping $49. I was really pleased! I will be listing a
new item in the near future to raise some money for Fred, a sweet old 15
y/o hound who was recently rescued by Basset Rescue of Puget Sound. Watch
for details!

Drool to all, happy weekend!
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert