[Dailydrool] October 3rd $5 Friday / Debbie's Dawgs

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Sat Sep 27 19:29:52 PDT 2014

It's almost $5 Friday time again!  This month we are helping Fran,
a hound rescued by Suncoast Basset Rescue in Florida.  Here's
some info on poor Fran as told by Kathy Peacock with Suncoast:

We rescued Fran from the Mobile Alabama county shelter.  She
was picked up as a stray and needed rescue after being in there
for 10 days.

A friend of the SBR family lives in Mobile and facilitated getting Fran
from the shelter and directly to a vet clinic for immediate care.
Fran is estimated to be 8 yrs. old.  She is  very thin and is currently being
treated for an upper respiratory infection.   Once she gets over the URI she
will need surgery to repair a hernia, remove 3 sebaceous cysts and be spay.
Fran also has an enlarged heart that is pressing on her trachea cuasing her
some breathing issues at this time.    When the vet clinic did xrays of Fran
they said her body lit up from all the BBs that are in her little basset
body.

I wish you could see Fran's picture - if you are on Facebook, please
check out our Debbie's Dawgs  page to see her.  It is heartbreaking
to see that sweet face and know she is full of BBs.

Please consider giving up your latte or other favorite treat this
coming Friday,  October 3rd and donate just $5 (or more, if you
like) via paypal to debbiesdawgs at icloud.com  Every penny
donated goes to Suncoast Basset Rescue for Fran's care.

If you prefer to send a check, please email me for info.

Once again, Moon Doggie Coffee is offering a $25 gift card for
a lucky donor to $5 Friday.  Drawing will be on Monday, Oct. 6th.

This will be our 8th $5 Friday since starting Debbie's Dawgs - it's
been a great success thanks to so many of you who donate on
a regular basis.  $5 Fridays have raised just over $14,000 so far
to help Debbie's senior hounds that she cared about so much.
Be a part of this if you can - it's so rewarding to know that you
had a hand in helping these hounds we all love so much.

Donations accepted now through Sunday, October 5th!

Thanks,

Donna, drool fueler for Gracie, Bosley and Sunny