[Dailydrool] Jerky treats and poison and burrowing bassets

Pamela McQuade via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Apr 7 16:10:16 PDT 2015

Bev, I had read a similar online article on jerky treats a few weeks
ago. American corporate greed has now come to equal Chinese lack of care
for life. My personal opinion is that American corporations are trying
to hide their sources instead of upgrading the ingredients of their
treats. I stopped buying jerky many years ago, after my whole pack got
sick on some dried sweet potato treats.

Happily, anyone who has or is willing to invest in a dehydrator has a
simple solution. Cutting up meat into strips and letting it dehydrate
overnight or perhaps a bit longer gives wonderful jerky treats that are
safe for hounds. Just follow the dehydrator's directions.

On another topic, my Belvedere was a burrowing basset. He loved to get
under the covers and burrow down by my feet. I always wondered how he
could breathe, but he lived to the ripe age of almost fifteen without
any trouble at all.

Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets