[Dailydrool] stumbling along

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Apr 20 06:02:13 PDT 2015

​Our first basset did a lot of stumbling and it always bothered me. I do
not believe dogs should be stumbling. Make sure their nails are cut
regularly. I think nails tripped up that first Basset since he had to be
double-muzzled and held down and even then he tried to bite and he bellowed
like a bull-calf. He could be heard all over the clinic, including up
front. Thjis was before we had the nice nylon muzzles and had to tie snarky
mouths shut.
Anyway it is my personal contention that dogs are naturally sure-footed and
that stumbling is symptomatic of something, whether it is arthritis or
neurological deficits or eyesight, I would certainly have a Vet take a
peek.​