[Dailydrool] condescension

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Apr 25 10:05:46 PDT 2015

Someone wrote something to me recently about their dog giving them a
condescending look and I started thinking about it.
The worst look I have ever gotten from a dog was from Mitchell, the day we
got his TD title at the Nationals. He had waited and waited in the Van for
his number--I think he was 7, near the end-- and he was more than ready to
go.

We did part of the track and then it led over a hill and down a steep and
brushy way to a ditch with water in it. We were crossing through the water
when I said aloud to Mitchell (and I am not making any of this up)
"Mitchell are you SURE?"
He stopped.
He turned his head and gave me an absolutely WITHERING glare. I have never,
ever seen a dog look so condescending, so offended in my life. Not before
that look, nor since then.
He turned around and continued, finished the track in record time and never
laid a paw wrong.
Always trust your dog.
Never ask them stupid questions.

MomPerson to Llewis, Conley & Doc