[Dailydrool] need advice

Nancy Cohen via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Apr 28 16:28:02 PDT 2015

Einstein is having surgery in 10 days .  His eye pressures are increasing (
15 ) and we will be heading north soon for 10 weeks. The ophthamologist
said we really can't give him more meds than he is taking.  He has already
had laser surgery with a drain, and it has been functioning for 2.5 years.
The vet said he has room for another drain, and we decided to buy him a
chance at saving his vision for a while.  Because he is 10 the vet
requested pre op bloodwork.  His regular vet called today to say that is
thyroid level is 0.5.  She suggested starting him on meds,and/ or repeating
the blood test.  I suggested we wait until the end of August when we come
back.  He does not have the normal signs and symptoms (which she agreed to)
except for being lethargic.  He is a 10 year old basset with a good
appetite, good coat, allergic skin, and is not fat.   From any of you with
experience with this , am I wrong to want to wait?  I know you are all
experts with lots of experience and advice.  Thanks, Nancy and Einstein