[Dailydrool] Carol and bassets - nail clipping

Rebecca Louisa Stanton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Aug 2 01:17:38 PDT 2015

Hi Carol, Morse too hates his nails being done and I have had to use the
vets at times but with no sedation at all, he was bad the first time but
better every time after, however I do have 2 others suggestions - firstly
a dog groomer nearby?  They will do nails and if they have a few people to
hold and comfort it does help - but secondly we took my good friend and her
dog with us to the vet\groomer to have his nails done and once Morse saw
how brave he was being and the fact that he was so calm and happy at the
vet\groomer it helped Morse loads - seemed to make him realise it wasn't a
scary place.  Now I take him alone and hold him - he doesn't like it but we
get them done, whereas at home if I approach with the clippers he is out
the door straightaway!
Hope this helps :)
Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB

pummorse at gmail.com