[Dailydrool] questionj for my Drool family

Sue And David Autry via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Aug 7 14:04:12 PDT 2015

Two weeks ago, our Phoebe had her yearly shots, early in the morning

3 yr Rabies  - I am not familiar with this newer version

Yearly Leptospirosis

6 month Kennel cough

She seemed fine until 3:00 pm after her afternoon feeding and she was
squatting to pee every few seconds, nothing appeared to be coming out.  I
quickly put my hand under her and got thick blood on it.

I went inside and called the Vet office and of course she had left for the
day but made an appointment to come in the next morning, suspecting a UTI.

A few hours later the same thing repeating itself, squatting, no pee.

By 7:00 I became concerned enough to take her to the emergency vet in town.
She had an ultrasound and she was obstructed and a mass was seen.

We waited a few hours to see if she could pee on her own, she did about 10pm
and passed what appeared to be a large clot.  It was looked at under the
microscope and the tissue was sent off.  She was sent home and I brought her
back the next morning for another ultrasound.  The mass was gone and she was
put on Metacam and Bactril.

No bacteria ever grew in the culture and she has now finished 10 days of
antibiotics and we are waiting another 2 weeks to do a repeat culture.

Any one else ever have blood in the bladder after routine shots?

Sue to the Triplets

.