[Dailydrool] Santa Ana winds

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Aug 21 10:13:48 PDT 2015

Dry, hot desert winds blow down the mountains towards the sea in Southern Caifornia. they tend to fan fires in dry times and are also called "fire winds". There are at least three songs about them (lyrics on the internet) that I know. if I recollect correctly, Mariah, who arrives later today, was found as a stray during a Santa Ana windstorm.  I like the comparison with Mary Poppins, as I am told this sweetheart "is almost perfect" as Ms. poppins was fabled to be. Also Beth H.'s image of Mariah sailing with her ears widespread, right into our home and hearts. Will keep you all posted. Val of Hawaii with Mila the longterm houseguest, and Mariah arriving today!